Thursday, March 21, 2013

Prayers Please

Uggghhh...I am so mad!  I am so sick.  I need to throw up...really. Today, one of Maryn's best friends died from her injuries sustained in a car accident on her way to school this morning.  And I just got a phone call from the school that her sister, a third grader in Morgan's class, just passed from her injuries.  Will this grief ever stop? 

As soon as I found out, I dropped to the ground...screamed, cried, begged for this all to be a dream.  Everyday I pray for any parents who will lose a child that particular day, because I know it happens every day...all over the world.  But why?  Why to these good people...so close to home? 

My kids saw the accident on their way to school, but didn't realize who was involved.  Aaron brought my kids home from school after hearing the news.  I hugged them each, as tight as I could.  I spoke to Maryn, and told her the good thing is her friend is in heaven.  She replied, "well it's not good for me."  What could I say, but "I know, it's not good for me either."

I am so upset right now.  I have learned that the people in the midst of the most unimaginable circumstances manage somehow to cope.  They will muddle their way through one day at a time.  It's the people on the outside, looking in that question God and get angry.  That's where I am right now...angry.

I so badly wish I could take their pain away, absorb it into mine.  I know without a doubt, there are no words that you can say to make them feel better.  They don't want to hear about "God's will", "God needing another angel" or "everything happening for a reason".  Please don't tell them you know how they feel...because even I sit here and can't imagine what they are going through. 

These two small girls, their lives and their deaths, greatly effect our small Catholic School.  And their poor mother who survived the car accident...I'm sure she is wishing for death.  Part of me is tempted to pray for that for her.  I wish there was something I could do, something I could say.  But experience tells me that there is not.  The only thing I know to do is pray.  Pray for their parents, their siblings, their grandparents.  Pray for their friends, their classmates, their cousins.  As angry as I am right now, it is still the only thing I know to do.  And I still truly believe in the power of prayer...even though I don't understand it.  So today I write to ask you to pray with me.  Please raise this family up in prayer along with Sacred Heart Catholic School.  Take a moment, speak to God, lift them up in prayer. 

I'm sorry I can't end this on a more uplifting note and I don't have any words of wisdom...just begging for prayers from each of you.  Thank you!

Robyn

5 comments:

  1. Will pray! This is a terrible thing. May God comfort all of their family and Comfort the children who will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers to the family..school classmates.We've really had a lot of incidents these last few weeks..prayers to all families needing extra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, praying. I've found myself thinking "I can't imagine..." more now; even though I have lost a child, I don't know how others experience it. I just know that it is awful. Hugs and prayers to those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my heart aches for the parents and family of these little girls, for their young friends and classmates, the community. May you find peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete